Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Two Years!

My liver is celebrating, and I guess my lungs, and probably my conscience....Today marks my two year anniversary of quitting smoking and drinking. I am gonna celebrate with a big sweet vial of heroin. As if!-(said like an eighth grade girl). No this does represent one of my more proud accomplishments in this life, as alcohol once defined my being and I have let it slip away and actually become more me than I ever was ??? Sounds confusing it ain't.
Anyways its cool, I am really comfortable with the not drinking, and actually enjoy being around people who do drink, although not to the point of irrationality, which I dislike sober or stoned. It is amazing the weird things that happen when you sober up, you are left alone with all those horrible feelings that you had been quieting with the sweet bad things go bye bye juice you were swilling. And no more alzheimer like clearing away of ones conscience for bad things, you gotta either own em of apologize. I never used any particular program to quit, I just quit. But I did go to a few meetings here an there and used a therapist, it isn't for everyone. But I do recommend it if you have other underlining issues like incredible guilt for no good reason, or really poor self esteem, cause both of those are gonna get worse for the ware. But if you are a girl and booze is the only way you feel comfy walking around nude, or hooking up with me, I would say there is no need to quit just yet:) As if-(same tone, a little more reprimanding).
In a moment of honesty, a lot of people made my sobriety difficult, and constantly tried to get me to drink again, which when you think about it is pretty fucked up. But I think this is common, cause people love to pidgeon hole and hate it when others change, cause it just highlights the fact that they are unwilling to. So, to them I say thank you for testing my resolve, and you helped me become stronger and better at this. I am having fun, going out, partying, living it up all sober, even meeting cute girls, and doing scary things. Not the funniest post today, but certainly a proud one. All the best to anyone thinking about doing it, it's harder than a penis piercing, but ultimately more satisfying (to you and your partner, unless of course your partner leaves you as was my case, but we are better friends than lovers anyways).
Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter