Monday, April 04, 2005

Wow! I think I like the south...
First off, I digress to cover a show I did in Arkansas the other night... boy was that a weird vibe. I had to follow a martial arts contortionist... actually a fat martial arts contortionist. This was just a string of the world bizarre painted before me that eve. He performed his various feets of loose limbs and high school amaze with nunchakas, closing with a bob marley tribute, now I guess I was a little scared to follow that, but hey, what the hell, free hotel room.
I actually did really well, but boy they liked it dirty. Oh and leave the WW2 references at home friends. I did however upset one patron who flipped out over some jokes I do about eplilepse, and tried to though his drink at me but sadly, so sadly didn't come close, it was actually pretty pathetic, and the crowd was really on my side so that was nice. I told everyone I would be right back, and went home:)

Later that night I got word about Mitch passing away. I am mad at so many people rigt now it's ridiculous, his wife, his management, even myself. But I guess I'm most angry with him. I will talk about him later when I feel more comfortable.

Nawlans or New Orleans. Damn you is pretty.
I did a show just south in Houma, at a comedy psuedo fest or crawfish bake what have you. It was positively wonderfull fun, the shows were great, the southern hospitaliity was beyond nice, ladies I'm lookin at you.
I got to hang out with blues great Tab Benoit at his bar, where he was blown away by my skills as a comic, and is havin me back this summer. And I gotto meet some really great and nice comics. Late one night we jammed a very funny moment with a harmonica some clapping hands and a long series of bad jokes, truly wonderful... I wonder if I'm gettin paid.

I walked all over the Big easy and checked out the French district, including the crack houses just outside and easily accessable if you take a wrong turn, I ate a Copelands, and had awful food, I almost want to cash all my old Improv checks now to punish them. I walked Bourbon Street, hey if you've got kids, leave them at home. I don't feel comfortable oogling sex shops and watching super drunk people while your kids are dancing around my feet.
All in all I love New orleans, and look forward to coming back real soon:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter