Friday, August 20, 2004

Woo Hoo. I'm in Germany.
If you would have asked me on Monday, hey what are you gonna be doing on friday? I most likely wouldn't have said, "I'll be hanging out in the Generals lounge at Ramstein AFB, in Germany wishing I was in Afghanistan. " Nope, I sure wouldn't. But here I am, waiting, and wondering why?
The weirdest thing about all this "Hurry up and Wait," mentality is that there is really no one to blame. It's just the way the system is, could they have planned it better? Nope. Most likely not, cause there is no way to predict who is going to be on each flight. And guess what, plasma is more important than comics.
I just feel bad because I wish I was out there doing shows for these guys, everytime they can't get us on a flight is another platoon who gets no entertainment, and has to wait another month for somebody else to come through.
Couple things that I've learned while here, damn is it expensive. Wow. just hanging out has cost me a fortune. Uhm, germans, very limited understanding of sarcasm. I like german ice cream. I dislike german fashion. I am indifferent towards german indifference.
So hopefully I will be going out on a transport this afternoon, of course I have heard that three times now and ended back at quarters with bad TV and worse bathrooms. Oh well, paint on some smiles and hope to get to the war, what the hell am I saying?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter