Saturday, May 14, 2005

Long Distance information give me Memphis, TN
I'm tryin to get a number of someone who was tryin to get a hold of me.
Marie is only six years old, information please!
This song is kinda what is wrong in Memphis TN.

See the guy should out of the gate mention that he is talkin about a 6 year old, the fact that he doesn't until the end makes him sound very creepy...

I liked memphis, but there was an undertone of creepy. But a cool creepy? Does that make sense? Like guys will tell you a really homophobic joke, but hold your hand way to long while they tell it... You know? Or somebody will talk to you about jesus while licking and twisting their nipple, you know?? All justa little cool, and a little creepy...

I had a cool show, it was in a hotel conference room, the setup was great. The crowd was a little sparse...but soo nice.
The psychology was definately positive, but the carry energy after the jokes was a little week. This had to do with the overall energy of the night.
They really liked being taken on stories which was fun, but I realized that I have a new bit that is far too strong to keep in the middle of my, act and need to move to the end.
That is strange when something gets so funny that it is hard to follow in your own act... sure I'm used to that problem from other comics acts, but when i can't follow me well who then do I bitch about in chat rooms?

After the show I regretted not having any cd's to sell (I'm the only act left in North America who doesn't sell cd's, in fact everyday people are starting to do it, the other day a guy in a bar told me a horrible joke about acne and priests then offered to sell me his cd which he was marking down from 15 to 10 dollars cause he loved my laugh) I mean I sold out of my hats a while ago, but the profit margin was a little too low with those and really, it in no way made people remember me, I had no branding for myself on my own hat. I coulda sould insurance with more relevance, argh I'm an idiot.

I really enjoyed the crowd, and I got compliments for days, I kinda need that as I am still recovering from Alabama...
I met a really cute girl after the show, unfortunately she is dating this guy, she actually just got engaged. She was soo cool, I really liked her, of course I couldn't make a move, but she did provide a great deal of hope for me that their were very cool girls out there with pierced nipples, progressive ideals, and a strong sense of self , now I just need to find another one.
By the way, If you tell someone, you have something peirced, you should have to show it... thats the rule. She did not, and it was kinda neat.

Anyways I drove to Atlanta with plans on going out but I decided to just sleep, as I needed it.
Heading back to Wilmington, I have put 3000 miles on my car this last week... I think thats pretty freakin crazy.

Memphis needs more churches!!
Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter