Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Bayou.


Perspective. A while ago I met a really cool girl in Houma, LA and I talk to her quite regular as well. And as I go through so many little annoyances in life she has brought a little touchstone of perspective to my own trivial issues.
She called me the other day from her car, her mom had woken her up,told her to grab only her essentials they had to evacuate. I felt the nervous fear as her home was threatened by a hurricane, and she had to escape to Texas. We kept in touch through the storm, and as regular the conversation was their was an elephant in the room. Underneath the the conversation was the stress of needing to know whats going on back home when little information was availlable. She returned home today to the relief that Houma is relatively OK, but they are now taking in refugees from New Orleans. She told me Three Thousand arrived today, their lives wrecked and theirs almost a defeated hope.

If you can help please donate money to the red cross. And let us all remember whats important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter