Friday, August 12, 2005

Wanderlust.

I have the itch to travel. And from what I can tell I have the air miles to make it happen. But the question is where to go?
I don't know what I am looking for, a place to write? A place to contemplate existence? A place to find answers? Or just a place to have fun?
I don't know, but I want to go.

My first show in Tacoma was not the inspiration for this call to flight. It was an uneventful affair with 14 people who had a hell of a good time. It looked like it would suck but as it turned out, they were great, and the show was both fun, loose and good. Although there is a little, wee bit of weirdness in the comic community, but hell where isn't there?

I hope I get a good crowd tonight as I'm gonna tape my sets for a long awaited CD or DVD depending on the quality.

If you are around TACOMA, come down and have a laugh and fill out the crowd. If you have friends there that like me, tell them to come down and have a laugh on me:)

OK, back to travel. I think either Buenos Aries, Phuket Thailand, or Stolkholm Sweden are the leaders for my escape, with Katmandu, Nepal; Barcelona, Spain; and Marakesh Morocco being the other possibles.

I want to spend a minimum of three weeks there, and I want to not lose my shirt with costs or I want it to be ridiculously cheap, so that almost for sure knocks out Sweden, but I could do comedy in Sweden, which could supplement it's cost... Need more info there. Thailand is cheap, and beautiful, but although it is rich in culture it also has a little too over-discovered feel to it. Now Buenos Aries is appealing, the people are cool, the culture is rich in history, it is not a Hot Spot yet for travelers, and the women seem to be smokin sexy! But I can't dance. But it's super cheap. Hmm. Ok, now there is my dream of following the Ganges to it's source in Nepal, that is cheap, but as I have heard a celibate journey for the most part, and lots of shots, and stomach issues. I know little about Morocco, but it's literary roots in the beat generation appeals to my literature gene. And finally Barcelona sounds cool on alot of levels, but it seems that the window of affordability may very well have closed on its fun vista.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice about these places please email me, I would like to commit to the trip in the next couple of weeks and start working towards making it happen....

Ok peaches talk to ya soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter