Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Two thousand more miles on the Passat and I am back... Home?

Vancouver, feels like a home. Although I wonder sometimes if I ever really knew what one felt like. Maybe that's why I travel so much.

Its the end of summer. And my brother said something interesting the other day, "You can feel the season is about to change."
I guess that seems unremarkable enough to most, but I haven't felt it in a very long time. You see I swore off seasons about eight years ago when I decided to move to LA. I felt they were bad, and that endless summer would be bliss...
So years streaked on with nary a season but one, and time was indistinct in its passing, and whenever I try to think it's like eight years blended into three, and I realize that seasons are chapters to our life. They are prizes, and an endless summer makes you take that season for granted, and forget what kind of joy lies in all the others.
I feel the cool in the air, even though the sun is high, and the day is beautiful. August is closing its wings, and the brisk is like a trail left by the future which just darted past me and is setting up fall around the corner. And it brings me back, to what I love in the season, the idea of cold noses excites me. The thought of hands fumbling through gloves and mittens to warm a loved ones fingers. Coffee on a cold morning has a power defeated in the sunny hot morns. I made a mistake in youth to swear off the winter, chill brings us closer to one another initially for heat, and then in spirit.
Their is a great distance in heat, and a caution in seeking out what we perceive to be safe.

OK, all done with the flowery talk.
Got a few days to relax before I'm off doing shows again. Got a couple of gigs in Washington next week then I am off to Philadelphia to the Helium Club. Really looking forward to it, my first show in the city of brotherly love and I plan to explore constitution hall and the all the various myths of the formation of America.
I wrote a kickass new piece for my set about Paradoxes, and am quite happy, am working on three more cool bits about measuring fun, My ex, and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle as applied to something funny from afar, but indistinguishably humorous when up close....
ciao y'all... Oh ps I have a ton of my travel pics that I will post either today or tomorrow depending on my chronic fatigue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter