Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day something... Edinburgh...yeah.


Holy McMoly this place is a roller-coaster ride of feelings and emotions.

It's been a little over a week and not much has changed. My show numbers go up and down with little or no predictability. On the days supposed to be slow I did pretty good, then last night rolled around and my numbers plummeted on a friday? The only difference being that it was raining like crazy. Which sucks cause I can't control the rain anymore.

Also weirdly I got two four star reviews right away, but then no more reviews have come out. Which I don't understand cause I keep getting told reviews are at my shows. Do they come and just not comment? It's weird...

And more than weird is stress. So stressful. People keep telling me to have a good time and enjoy myself. Then those same people tell me I gotta get out there and hustle. Which I don't understand. Then they tell me not to stress. Huh?

All my guest spots are going great up here. Doing Late and Live tonight, BBC Stand up tomorrow. Yesterday did WMD benefit, and Chix with Guns, all fun shows.

Went to the Loft bar and hung out with the lovely Tiernan Douieb and his girlfriend (Who counts his drinks! Ha!) and my wife (who counts the random cigarettes i might have, no ha!). Finally ran into Greg Berehendt who unbelievably looks younger than when I last saw him ten years ago. Amazing! Had a nice talk with Janeane Garafalo and we reminisced of the old days in Los Angeles and the awful things happening with the Health Care debacle in the US. And ended on the humorous fact she cleans her hotel room before the maid gets the chance. Thats just a little fucked up. Thats what i love about hotels, and mom's for that matter. Anyways, having one fault makes one more interesting.

The Girls with guns show was really nice, i got to be onstage with one of my favorite people Zoe Lyons. She oozes charm, and her entire set was about food, which makes my heart swell as we share a common love. Lucy Porter and Tiffany Stevenson also did great sets, but I was zonked at that point and had to hit the hay.

I texted my manager on the way home to see if the reviewer he was talking to after my show liked it and he never replied. And that no reply hit like a thump. It just feels like a no. So I was a little down when I went to bed, then awoke did Edcom at the Pleasance and rocked. It's better than coffee for lifting your spirits.

So there's my journal/blog for the last day or two. Will continue later:) Cheers

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter