Sunday, August 09, 2009

Day 3 This is getting a little crazy now...



I knew saturday was gonna be weird cause I woke before my alarm went off at 9:20 am. I fuckin hate that. I need that extra 30 minutes sleep but my panicky mind doesn't trust my quick getting dressed skills. I put on the three articles of clothes I wear in the day. Shorts(no underwear) Shirt, and flipflops (they count as one) and trekked to grab a quad Americano and head to Andre Vincent's and Marcus Brigstocke's to prep for Early Edition.

I arrived to find them up and chipper and half way through the stack of Papers. I also met Carrie Ann Quinlan, who I quietly love. We read and drank coffee for two hours. Making short jokes and discussing the news and politics. It was very enjoyable prep.

When we got there, the line up was impressive and thats when they told me they paid... I was floored. Making money in Edinburgh is rare and lovely, and that gave me the extra boost to try harder.

The show was so cool, smart crowd, some great jokes off the headlines. I even got some zingers in. I was particularily impressed with Carrie, I guess thats cause I never saw her perform before, I knew Andre and Markus are real good. So it was a pleasure to watch her too!

Anyways, that went well, and after I talked to Andre and thanked him for having me. As a joke I said, "I know you had alot of reservations" and he with all seriousness said, no it wasn't me, it was Markus, but he was really happy with how you did... ! I thought that was hilarious.

Did a radio show, that was way better than the Leith FM experience. The DJ's were soo young they blushed when they swore and the girls shyness was so charming and difficult all in one:)

Ran into Jack Whitehall again, who obviously read my blog yesterday as he quickly brought up my wifes tits, which I appreciate. He is such a nice boy.

Ran into Zoe Lyons, and we talked on the street for quite a bit, she is the coolest ladies. She didn't realize it was my wife on the cover of Diva magazine when she bought it, and then we discussed the embarrassment and beauty of the photo spread. We both aknowledged the futility of trying not to party, and she had some great stories of excess. No comic makes me happier to see than Zoe.

I got to the show and snuck a beer in to save the extra two pounds it costs with even my discount. And my room was very warm and the mic was broken, and no chair. But hey, no biggie we got it sorted.

The room started to fill. And it kept filling. And Court kept looking at me wondering if we should start the music, but they just kept coming... until it was full. Damn.

The show was good. It was not the fun playful show of the day before though, it was actually work. They were good, but not easy, and there was some stuff that just didn't click I felt.

But after they gave a huge applause, and many bought CD's. So I didn't beat myself up to much.

Plus afterwards i saw on my poster I had gotten a four star review which is nice. But I didn't want to investigate anymore.

Somebody bought me a Sol, and I ran into JJ Whitehead, who's show I can't wait to see at the Stand, and I got drunk. Only two beer. Then went up and did a spot at the Cow Cafe, and shocked and appalled them after all the singy songy comedy they had heard. But they loved it the dirty bastards. Then home.

We did argue on the way home me and my wife, cause this particularly fighty looking Scots man kept insulting the chicken we bought. (I know how weird that sounds) but my wife kept answering him! And I kept motioning for her to ignore him. And she said she could handle this, but as every guy on earth knows, this ends in us fighting not them.

Finally I pull her away from the confrontation and I explain why its so important to ignore drunk/crazy people unless they pose an acute danger to you or others, but she insisted that she was right. And in the end, what the fuck can I say? Fine. You're right.

Talk later, lets see how sunday is:)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter