Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 6 i lost a couple days there....


Ah come on don't judge! It's not like I have been consistent writing my blog before now, sometimes I forget. Sometimes I get involved in things that distract me. Sometimes i stare with ambivalence at the keyboard as if I couldn't care if the keys were to drown in front of me I would not lend a hand... Fuck you Phil collins, and get out of my blog...

OK, so my belly is permanently sticking out in a ball. I know there is other news to speak of, but this is concerning me. I have not been drinking enough to have a beer belly, and lets be honest, i'm more likely to get a tequila belly (which I assume would have thorns). But as this whole move into a foreign town for a month is upsetting to ones base comfort levels, I have found myself 'comfort eating' of late. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches (Greg's no less), Quiche, and as I have gone pseudo vegetarian, carbs have been piling up! I am pretty sure thats why I have been unbelievably lethargic. I don't crave meat though. I imagine this is the feeling that guys who go to Gay conversion camps never feel.

The days have been beautiful, and I always think I'm gonna go out to the park and kick the ball around. But i am held hostage by the swarms of local hornets and wasps. Is there no bird or animal that eats them that we can introduce? I am all for fucking with the eco system so I can enjoy a picnic someday.

Sleep schedule is the last point of my health issues I want to address. There is no way to predict when I get to sleep, and I have always been a 10hour a nighter. I know that seems indulgent, but who'll be laughing when I live to a hundred and forty. Some mornings I gotta get up at nine, then the next night do a show at 2am. I have a very sensitive circadian rhythm to maintain, in fact its the only rhythm I have. So this unnatural cycle makes me feel crazy and require endless naps.

I sound like fun!

It has been pretty good outside my body though the last couple days. I now have two four star reviews by some pretty decent sources which is really nice. I have been told I am getting great word of mouth. And after a near sell out weekend and good numbers over whats considered the slow days, I might actually break even! Hell, if I start to fill up more during the week, I could still make a profit, but I'm not gonna start spending my money yet... Although I do want the new iphone, and its a chore to not just go get one.

My wife has been amazing through all this. It's funny, cause I'm as moody as being pregnant. So thats how we are trading this off. I get one month a year of being crazy for nine years, and she gets all of hers in a row.

I am gonna start watching some other shows this week too. I have a list, I wanna catch Greg Berehndts as he is an old pal from my LA days, and I always remember what a brilliant comic he was. He used to have this bit about his girlfriend trying to make him suck a black dildo, and he wanted to say know, but he didn't want to seem racist... very funny. I am gonna check out JJ Whiteheads show at the Stand at 4pm as well. There are a bunch of shows I can't see as they conflict with my showtime, like Mark Walker's Scorpio. That would be cool to see, as I am a Scorpio. But I am anti-magic. And Astrology does walk the line of the Dark Arts, but it looks really interesting!

So it's wednesday, and I am enjoying myself. Over the next couple days, I will probably get naked in public for no good reason, do a whole bunch of guest spots, eat numerous sandwich's from baguette time, and do some more really wonderful shows for some wonderful audiences.

I'll try not to ramble so much next time. Cheers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter