Monday, May 15, 2006

Why we will all die of H5N1 Virus...



















I am very sick. Snot running down my nose, non stop hacking(yep, funny), phlegm and many other spraying unpleasantness.
I need to fly to Toronto first thing in the AM , 7 to be exact, but I am in no condition to fly.
I called my lovely airline WestJet, who is usually a very good service, but this is where that disconnect between pretending to be a caring company and really just being a company that cares less about the general well being of people than it does about the soothing color of its ad campaign.

I explained how i have another couple of days before I have to be in TO, and I would pay the change fee if I could get a later flight when I'm more healthy...

An exceedingly chipper, toned clerk informed me that my ticket would cost more than double its value to change.

Why?

When you change the return leg of a ticket its only 50 bucks, sometimes a hundred.. Why would it cost so much more to change the departure?

It just does.

OK, well I'm really sick, and i would venture that the aerosol of sneezes and coughs are contagious, so maybe we could make a deal or something for the greater good of the plane?

Nope. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Well, maybe burying the mountains of corpses that that type of closed minded un-human thinking will lead to when the next pandemic decides to pry the ones you most care about from your arms with its cold death grip.

Sorry, its not WestJets policy... blah blah blah.

You really can't see the problem with this thinking?

I'm sorry if you are upset sir.

Not half as upset as the immune suppressed passenger that comes up with the digits of the seat next to mine for five hours tomorrow.

Well maybe you shouldn't fly?

Well then another un feeling corporation won't care that I can't pay a bill because I'm sick and I will end up homeless.

Are we all finished?

It would seem we all are, now that we aren't people anymore.

Thanks for flying Westjest!

You bet! That's what they'll all be saying come the end of the week while 75 more people need to fly home sick and can't change their tickets...

I like the math on this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter