Monday, July 18, 2005

Dammit, i gotta go by Chinnook.

I prefer BlackHawk, hell i prefer C-130 hercs but I hate Chinnooks. Big huge beasts of a helicopter, make a big target. We leave tonight for a three FOB tour. The territory we are flying into has what is classified as a Significant danger classification. Great:) I can't say the name of the bases, but I will say they are small, and they are seeing action. Well, I guess thats why we came, to make the guys that need it most laugh.
We had an amazing show last night in the Clamshell here at Bagram. A good sized crowd, Air Force and Army mix along with some Special Forces and Civilian Contractors. Not to mention one of the hotest MP's I've ever seen up front. Damn, she was pretty. I also met the coolest chick after the show. She came late and missed my act but I went to meet her later and we played pool and talked into the night while her friends looked annoyed. I got her phone number! How weird is that? I got digits in Afghanistan. I don't even know how to use the phones here...
Alright I need to keep this one short, I am using a guest PC and so I cannot upload photos, but as soon as I get my own connection i have a ton of cool ones. i'll chat soon, and thanks everyone for all the email. If I haven't replied its because i haven't had time to, sorry.
Ciao.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol Davidson said...

HIya, Pete. Here again via Tina... good work over there. I'd be too chicken to do what you're doing, so I'll just continue to admire you from afar.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Indeterminacy said...

I look up to what you're doing. It's a noble and heroic thing entertaining our troops, and if it helps you meet pretty girls, too, well, you deserve it.

(Sorry I haven't been by lately. I've been on vacation, and before that I hardly had time to read anything).

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on, man. Don't gripe about my beloved Chinooks. They may not be as slick looking as the "Flying Catfish", but I'd rather fly faster and higher, even if it is a bigger target. When the defecation hits the oscillation, so to speak, the Chinook can un-ass the AO at a much higher rate of giddy-up than the CrashHawk. I will admit that they ride smoother than our big uglies, though.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter