Friday, January 12, 2007

Bristol, England

Kicking about London with my buddies Glen and Dan, we all came out to the seaside town of Bristol to do shows this weekend.

It's been a really nice couple of days, my sleep is pretty fucked up, and my bank account is taking a bruising from a number of unexpected costs, but all in all lovin it.

We did a marathon sweep of Central London on the first day, hit Picadilly Circus, Parliment, Westminster Abby, and Buckingham palace, walked the river past the eye and back up to our hotel in Bloomsbury.

Had no sleep the night before I left as i had just gotten in from Austin texas where i was performing the week prior.

That was a great time, i spent six hours on the morning show with Dudley and Bob on KLBJ, really fun. And the most radio I have ever done in a week.

The shows really filled out on the weekends and I got two partial standing ovations, but eluded the total standing O....

When i got back I had only eight hours before my flight to London, so I packed like an idiot, and slept a total of 3 hrs.

I barely slept on the flight over, sat in the bulkhead seat so my legs were folded uncomfortably all night, arrived in London at 7am, missing tuesday completely...

We bolted around on the tube trying to get to our buddies pad, but when we arrived we discovered his wife had just tossed him out on his ass, this threw us for a rather big curve... forcing us to get a hotel in the most expensive city on earth... uh yeah it is...

Lets see,

Cafe Americano at Starbucks 6bucks Canadian

Subway ride one way 4.50 canadian

Hotel room in cheasy super cheap place 200 bucks

small bottle water 3.50 canadian

internet access 24hrs at hotel 36 dollars canadian.

5 minute cab ride 26 dollars canadian.

Soo, i will be coming home quite poor I figure, but hey, you only live once right?

Anyways my first show is tonight here in Bristol, i imagine it will be quite fun, I will repost with pics soon.
All the best,
Pete J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter