Monday, May 23, 2005

Vanity.

As I begin a week long tour of the mid-south. I am confronted with how the mid -south is a simile (or more aptly a metaphor, but I don't want to go back and correct simile) for my mid-life (if I live to only 62)...
I am going to a place I am not overly familiar with so you best be as good looking as possible.
This is a universal rule in our modern world where content is put aside for presentation. Where packaging meetings, superseed meetings about whether the product works. We are a people who buy billions of dollars worth of products that do not work... Because of the lies it's packaging tells us... Ab exersisers, Viox, Carmex, Penis Enlargement pills, Weight loss pills, Brass magnetic bracelets, cellulite cream, and caviar. None of these products work yet they are worth billions, why? Cause the packaging sells us a dream... This would never work with things like street drugs, you could never package really bad coke in a super trendy bag and sell it, cause everything I've learned from Miami Vice tells me the deal would go bad... I don't know how, I'm not a druggy but I asume some guy from "MR Big's" crew would come down on your ass for it...

Ok well enough about that, but it leads me to myself. I am going to repackage myself... Not a makeover, a repackaging, a new and improved version, I am going to make myself look like something clearly I am not, if only to make others buy into the dream of who I am. I'm gonna market me, and I am gonna start right on the surface where it all matters. Tone and tune, Muscles that bulge and are defined, these will promise people a virile exciting male who is strong... even though I am in essence a wimp, and spiritually on the fence. Bright white teeth via teeth whitener... this will make people think I am healthy even though depression and critical flaws in ones self esteem lead to millions of sicknesses every year. A neat tightly cropped haircut, with well moisturized eyes, this will give a sense of put togetherness and intensity of gaze helping with the illusion of intellect and dilligence, when in fact I am often confused, and lack focus almost to the point of needing treatment. A glowing aftificial tan, that screams outdoor activities, and a good sporting mate who likes to do things, when in fact I would rather lock myself in my room and watch a movie that I regret I did not write.

This repackaging will be heaven, I sell my dream of me to a new potential mate who can slowly be dissapointed in the product until they replace me with an off the counter no-name brand that delivers...

Weird post? Well I been vain lately, and I feel guilty for lookin so good:)

Topic 2-


Tina Dupuy and a fatter less repackaged me....
Copyright Pete Johansson

Tina Dupuy has erected a much due shrine to me, (see I'm hot!), anyways this is due to the fact that I insisted I was her muse. Well perhaps I am, but it is a very funny post none the less, and it does announce the fact that we are going to test the waters of the next eveloution of self indulgence via the web... Podcasting, together. Sure it's no wedding announcement, but thats because Tina loves Brian, and I love myself, so it would never work out. But it's kinda like announcing an illigitamite child together that we are nutually ashamed of but must support... SO stay tuned for some weekly podcasting of the most lighthearted and yet satirical and yet mildly irritating fashion. Yours truly, the apathetic one, pete.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there Pete Johansson. Tina's site brought me here. I dig what you're doin, keep it up. More nude pics.

Freddie

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter