Friday, May 20, 2005

A Baptism of Fearlessness.


Hmm... a comic with a Prince Albert piercing?


Now, sometimes in life you feel a need to do something that really can't be rationally entertained by the masses. Things like get a frizzy permanent, buy an annuity(crazy!), eat fugu in a sushi bar(not fubu, cause that's racist), and sleep with a hatian prostitute without a condom, or even invade Iraq. Everybody will try and talk you out of it, but in your heart you know its the right thing to do. I think I have come to one of those points in my life.

I am going to get a Prince Albert piercing. Now few people would ever consider this, and many more will just never understand why. I know, and I'm not trying to justify this to you, it's what I have decided. I have unilaterally decided to do this, and as I am not a democratically elected republic but am in fact an oligarchy of conflicting identities who govern myself with a firm policy of high tax, low growth, I will be doing this in two weekends time.

I did a TON of research, and although there are problems it is not as bad as I origionally thought. I already talked to my piercer, and I think my biggest problem from what I have read will be bleeding...It bleeds alot. But as I have seen a nipple piecing, (holy shit did they scream! It is accepted that that is the worst, and PA are akin to a gentle sting in comparison... Of course everyone that knows me, knows I am so afraid of bee's, its kinda ironic. But really not ironic if you like follow "definitions" and all that BS)

I was thinking of posting a picture here as to what i'm talking about.... But then I thought that might freak some people out.
Here is a link to a page about them... if you are easily queezed out don't click! Pic of Prince Alber Piercing.
I have to wait, because I am on the road for a week, and I figure it will be very difficult to be funny with a bloody penis, and guaze stuck in my pants. I could be wrong, but then again why put that on a list of reasons why you had a bad show...

"hey pete what happened out there?"

"Funny, it was going great until I started to bleed through my pants... I tried to laugh it off, but other than a really weird Victor/Victoria explanation and a grand finale with me pulling a wig off and flashing boobs, I think explaining my piercing might be a show stopper...."-fictional

In fact I am going to talk about it on stage. I am writing material for it now, but I am not writing too much I do not want to be the guy that gets a piercing because he wants to do jokes about it....
In all honesty here is why I am doing it.

It's pretty simple. It is something I would never do. And I am realizing that at this point in my life their is so much I have simply not experienced or lived because some rule that isn't my own has infected my exisistance and made me do things or not do things even though in my heart I don't subscribe to those beliefs.
I hate pain. I am a wimp, but if I can do this, it reafirms that I can face many things I fear... not the least of which is to start talking about things I really find funny on stage... course I'm not there yet, right now I just talk about what makes other people laugh which I luv. But I also want to make me laugh... and that will be scarier, and I will ease into that mess as I continue....

So in essence this is a baptism of fearlessness, and that can't be bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Indeterminacy said...

Hi, Tina sent me here.

I don't know if I'd go for the piercing bit. I've already been circumcised, and that's enough. You want to be brave, go to the Hatian prostitute, and then to the std clinic for one of those tests where they extract a small chunk out of the inner lining of your you know what.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter