Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Pictures from the other side of the World.

I just got a chance to upload some of my pics. I have been down range(what they call the theater of war) for two days now. Very little sleep and lots of travelling. We start off in Kabul for three days which should be fun, the pics are neet cause I actually got to go to downtown. Well as much of a downtown as there is, its pretty sparse and very undeveloped. But when you look closely you can see the old city, it's only been thirty years since this country really fell apart, but the buildings look as though they have taken a centuries worth. The dead gardens empty fountains full of dirt, the houses converted to offices, the most common building is mud brick, or an empty freight container.
The show last night was awsomely fun, we got coins given to us by the highest ranking General in the whole war, the big cheese in charge of it all. Plus we had these two Navy guys follow us from Bagram who I got to redeem myself in front of from yesterdays bizzare gig.
Anyways I gotta go buy a 220 volt converter, enjoy the pics will talk soon:)
Being safe, peteJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter